Monday, December 17, 2007

update 12/17 sidewalks and ice

One week to go before Christmas Eve and Boston feels like the North Pole.

A followup on my Saturday post. Had a good day yesterday with my son at the Pats game as guests of one of his classmates dad. While the weather was miserable his seats were in the club area which has an area that allows you to watch without getting soaked and frozen. My son had a great time and of is really looking forward to Christmas. I really hope there will be a new laptop under the tree for him. Thanks to many of you we are very close.

Today is just dragging.....it is cold and windy and the sidewalks are a mess around Harvard Sq. A little rant here. Somebody is going to get badly hurt on the sidewalks that the Harvard private clubs Fox and Lampoon are in control of. It is very bad on the Mt Auburn side of the Fox and the students who run that club are oblivious to that. Look guys I know doing it yourself is something beneath your station in life but take some cash out of the beer keg fund and hire a couple of homeless guys to do it. But why would they care as we just the "common folk."

If you are wondering what building the Fox Club is take a look

View Larger Map


Google Street View is a little scary isn't it.

Other than that not much to report. The woman at The Coop still refuses to come in and I saw her this morning at Au Bon Pain and she has a terrible cough but there is nothing anybody can do as that is the way she wants it. I can't wait for the shelter to open at 7 PM to get out of this wind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to get out of the city and see the Pats.

I hope you will be able to get that laptop. I got mine in August at Wal-Mart on sale for about $375. It's an Acer and I've been happy with it so far. So if you don't reach your exact goal, I think you'll still be able to find a nice laptop for your son.

I'm glad to see you've got a bed for the next two weeks.

I'll be checking in and will try to help with the fund again if possible. I'm a student, so I'll do what I can.